1950’s

Mattock Rangers G.F.C, from the Parish of Collon, celebrated 50 years in existence in 2002 having been founded in 1952.  The Club was named after the River Mattock which runs through the village on its way to the Boyne. John Watters was the first Chairman, Tony Brady & Jim Taaffe the first Secretary & Treasurer respectively. The club first competed in 1953 in the Louth Second Division Junior.

Below are some images from the 1950’s, we will be adding to this area of the website so any photos/news archives etc please email secretary.mattockrangers.louth@gaa.ie or contact Earnan Roche

[nggallery id=9]